Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pineapple banana maca smoothie


I have been trying to focus on eating healthier and eating at home more often. 

Last night while Daniel was at work, I made myself breakfast burritos (consisting of eggs, shredded cheese, and chopped green onion inside flour tortillas) and froze a few for later. I had one this morning with some grapes. But by early afternoon I was hungry again. 

So I decided to make a smoothie with some pineapple I had thawed (and thus was needing to use), a handful of frozen grapes, and most of a banana.


I also added 1 T of maca root powder and 1/2 cup of almond milk. It was good! The grapes really added freshness and I thought the nutty flavor of the maca blended well with the other flavors. Sometimes I add honey or maple syrup to my smoothies but this one didn't really need it.

Daniel is using the computer right now so I'll have to post about dinner tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment